Stockland Marketplace – Prohibited Items List
Products outside scope of Lease Permitted Use
Retailers must only list products in line with the permitted use clause in their Retail Lease Agreement in place with Stockland.
Most adult items are subject to some form of restriction or prohibition., All adult and sexual wellness items are prohibited from being sold on the Stockland Marketplace.
Alcohol and Liquor
Liquor, wine and other alcoholic beverages are only allowed by pre-approved Retailers who hold a valid liquor licence. Buyers must be over 18 years of age. Retailers who wish to offer the sale of alcohol on the Stockland Marketplace are responsible for verifying the buyer’s age at the time of collection of the products. Stockland reserves the right to request proof from Retailers that they hold the required licences for the sale of liquor and alcohol, and if such proof cannot be provided, to require the Retailer to remove any advertisements for alcohol or liquor products.
Pets and live animals
Pets and live animals are not permitted to be sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace.
Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia policy
The sale of prohibited drugs and drug paraphernalia violates state, federal, and international law, so these items are prohibited from being sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Narcotics, steroids, and other controlled substances (including any substance listed in Schedules 2 & 3 of the Commonwealth Crimes (Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances) Act 1990)
- Items that claim to provide a "legal high"
- Pipes, or any item marketed as for use with marijuana or illegal drugs
- Tobacco pipes, and other smoking accessories intended for drug use
- Vaporizers intended to be used with alcohol, marijuana, or illegal substances
Tobacco and e-cigarettes
Tobacco and e-cigarettes are not permitted to be sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace
Hazardous materials such as poisons, explosive precursors, ozone depleting substances, radioactive materials and items that contain or release such substances are generally prohibited on Stockland Marketplace.
We take great care to protect the health and safety of our members. Our hazardous, restricted, or regulated materials policy reflects this commitment to Stockland Marketplace user safety by strictly adhering to government regulations on the transportation of dangerous goods.
Weapons and Knives
We take our role in community safety seriously, and in accordance with government regulations and international laws, we prohibit the sale or offer for sale of all firearms and weapons, and certain types of knives on the Stockland Marketplace.
This includes any items identified under Australian law or regulation as a Prohibited Weapon, including but not limited to, any item listed at any time as a Prohibited Weapon under Schedule 1 of the Weapons Prohibition Act 1998 (NSW).
The following or similar types of knives are not allowed to be sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace:
- Automatic knives
- Butterfly knives
- Dual-action knives
- Gravity knives
- Star knives
- Trench knives
- Out-the-front knives
- Paratrooper knives
- Push knives
- Switchblade knives
- Sword canes
- Spring-assisted knives
- Hidden or disguised knives such as writing pen knives or belt buckle knives
- Any other type or form of knives listed under Australian law or regulation, including but not limited to, under Schedule 1 of the Weapons Prohibition Act 1998 (NSW).
Prescription medicines and medical services
Prescription medicines, medicines, and medical services (including, but not limited to cosmetic procedures, devices, or services) are not allowed to be sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace. Prescription medicines and medical services should only be purchased from a pharmacist with a valid prescription and following discussions with your doctor.
As above, prescription medicines, medicines and medical services are not permitted to be offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace. However, “front of shop”, non-medical products that may be sold in a pharmacy are permitted to be sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace, including but not limited to beauty, skincare, and cosmetic products (subject to the below), baby care, dental care, fragrances and first aid, antiseptic, bandages, and related products.
Cosmetic Procedures and Beauty Services
Cosmetic procedures and surgery are not allowed to be sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace.
This does not apply to the following pre-paid beauty service offerings which are permitted to be offered on the Stockland Marketplace:
- Haircuts, dying and styling
- Makeup application
- Face and body spa treatments (including anti-ageing topical treatments)
- Manicure and pedicures
- Hair removal (including threading, waxing and laser treatments)
- False eyelash application.
Product Safety Requirements
Stockland takes the safety, security, and welfare of our customers seriously. For this reason, any products or services which may pose a health or security risk, or a safety hazard must not be sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace.
The following products are prohibited from being sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace:**
- Products that have been recalled, or are being investigated for a recall, by the manufacturer, Retailer, government agency or regulatory body, including but not limited to, any item listed as recalled by Product Safety Australia at: https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recalls
- Products which are prohibited for sale by law or regulation, including any products which do not comply with the Australian mandatory safety standards or which are subject to a product ban in Australia.
- Products that may otherwise pose a health or safety hazard as specified by any government agency or regulatory body.
Retailers may offer for sale certain products which have been or are currently, the subject of a safety investigation by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), provided that the product meets the necessary requirements and complies with the relevant mandatory safety standards.
This includes for example, products which may contain button batteries which must comply with the mandatory safety standards for button and coin batteries. Any products which do not meet the mandatory standards must not be sold or offered for sale on the Stockland Marketplace.
Retailers are solely responsible for ensuring that any products they sell or make available for sale on the Stockland Marketplace complies with these product safety requirements and the relevant mandatory safety standards, laws, and regulations.